Demand Planning Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reports to the Director of Planning, and will be responsible for performing analytics, presenting deliverable on the demand forecast which drives the overall inventory and operations plan. Optimize Inventory, Purchases, Processes and Procedures. Key areas of accountability include Planning, Budgeting, Resource Management, Scheduling, Training, Supplier Network, Best Practices, Quality and Materials Management. Position on-site North Ridgeville, Ohio. Must have expert user in SAP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned)
• This position will manage 2 different departments: Planning and Materials
• On the Materials side, the team is in charge of managing 8,000 SKU’s.
• On the Planning side, the team is responsible for providing high level visibility of different finish good purchases and manufacturing monthly specific goals.
• Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns
• Validate the demand plan vs financial budget/latest estimates
• Monitor total inventory behavior and projects annual raw material consumption
• Ensures project/department milestones are met adhering to approved budgets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above. The job requirements and physical demands listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability to perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
• Bachelors Degree in Business, Materials Management, or Operations Management preferred
• 5-7 years of manufacturing demand planning experience
• 3 years of managing experience
• Experience in closed-loop MRP environment
• SAP expertise required on manufacturing module: 5 years minimum as a key user.
• Clear understanding of production flow principles and processes
• Knowledgeable of legal terminology within the procurement and materials management areas helpful
• Knowledge of sports and the associated equipment used
• Strong customer service focus and customer relations skills
• Strong analytical, math, decision-making and problem solving skills
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Effective negotiating and resolution skills
• Ability to rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals